Design for Manufacturing Intern
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Apple is seeking highly qualified people for the position of DFM (Design for Manufacturing) intern. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. As a member of DFM team, you will work in conjunction with the cross functional team of Design, EPM, Eng, Quality, Test, and Process Engineers to ensure top quality products and services from the CM and drive excellence into everything we do. The team pursues highly motivated, determined problem-solvers with a rigorous attention to detail, and focus on driving several initiatives and improvement projects to completion that will impact future Apple products.
- Self-motivated and pro-active with proven creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and ability to use statistical tools and techniques.
- Project management experience to define project plans/schedules and drive project execution.
- Knowledge of module packaging techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Expected to perform well in a fast-paced environment, to execute on the tasks assigned, to meet the production/project deadlines and, at the same time, to explore independently new innovative ideas that can improve and transform the existing experience.
- Excellent programming skills are a plus.
You will need to understand new technology as it comes together and help track and facilitate any multi-functional tasks that are needed. You will collaborate with broader teams across Apple and CMs to transfer solutions. You are quick to build relationships and work well with change and ambiguity. You will enjoy exciting and innovative projects and thrive in a fast-paced environment where accountability is paramount.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Engineering field, such as Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Materials Science, Data Science or related area.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.