Mechanical Quality Engineer Intern
Nanshan, Guangdong, China
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, you will help us leave the world better than we found it. If you are the kind of students who are hardworking on pursuing excellence, adopting challenges, enjoying work with others, learning new things along the way, Apple is the right place for you. Apple MQE is responsible for developing, applying and maintaining quality standards for materials, processes and products, solving quality engineering problems in creative and effective way.
- Has basic knowledge on quality management system structure, quality procedures, and quality tools (e.g. Mechanical Drawing, Measurement, SPC)
- Knowledge on Geometric Tolerance is preferred
- Practice or exercitation on typical mechanical mfg. processes and technologies (i.e machining, moulding, stamping, etc.)
- Has strong data analysis ability, able to utilize data analysis tools to discover the clues of inherence of data
- Experience on project management is helpful
- Published Engineering Thesis, Invention Patent holder are preferred
- Clear communication and logical thinking
- Experience in a quality role supporting high volume manufacturing of mechanical products is preferred.
- At least 10+ weeks full-time commitment to the internship; but the duration can be flexible.
-Review Engineering Drawing. -Metrology (MTD) study for parts measurement. -Work with vendor on gauge and fixtures design, and drive their qualifications. -Conduct Measurement System Analysis to manage the measurement errors. -Collect manufacturing data and do statistic analysis, e.g. process capability study, yield study, and etc. -Provide creative solutions for the identified engineering challenges or issues -Collect representative production level samples and the data associated with the samples. -Discover new technology solutions on the identified directions -Present analysis results and reports to Apple management team -Interfaces with other Apple functional groups as part of mechanical quality engineering team
Education & Experience
Master or above, Mechanical Engineering is preferred