Manufacturing Design Engineer(Intern)-iPad Enclosure
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Just be ready to dream big. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. IMAGING WHAT YOU COULD DO HERE. AT APPLE, CREATIVE IDEAS HAVE A WAY OF BECOMING WONDERFUL PRODUCTS, SERVICES, AND CUSTOMER EXPERIENCES VERY QUICKLY. BRING PASSION AND DEDICATION TO YOUR JOB AND THERE'S NO TELLING WHAT YOU COULD ACCOMPLISH.
- Knowledge of at least one of the following manufacturing processes, hands-on experience preferred:
- 1)Metal cutting/machining
- 2)Injection molding of plastics
- 3)Metal stamping and forging
- Knowledge of finite element analysis - needs both understanding of principle and experience of implementation. Familiarity with at least one of the finite element analysis softwares, preferably ANSYS. Project experience of setting up, tuning and verifying complicated simulations preferred.
- Full dedication over a period of at least 3 months, preferably 6 months.
- Willing to travel to different locations and work in manufacturing environments.
- Able to work independently and without supervision.
- Able to quickly fit in a complicated organization and engage with key account holders. Enjoy engineering work and can have fun.
You will be part of iPad’s manufacturing engineering team. The role will focus on setting up FEA simulations for complicated manufacturing processes, either within Apple independently or by leveraging the capability of Apple’s OEM vendors. Your work will help to give better understanding of the process; to identify design optimization opportunities, to provide improvements to the current process or all fo the above.