Apple Pay – Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Software and Services
The Apple team is growing! The Apple Pay Server Engineering team is looking for an extraordinary engineer in China to help make our rapidly growing platform manageable, scalable, and reliable using state of the art technologies and groundbreaking system automation. You’ll be joining a team of best-in-class engineers and interacting every single day with global teams that span across Apple including iOS software and hardware engineering, Apple Online Store, Apple Retail, and our banking and transit partners. If you meet the key qualifications and you are self-driven, enthusiastic, highly-motivated, and you want to make an impact, we'd love to hear from you!
- Solid Computer Science background
- Deep understanding of Java and its ecosystem
- Experience building, scaling, and maintaining high volume systems in production
- Familiar with messaging middleware, Cloud/Container Technology, monitoring platform
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, ability to evangelise engineering standard methodology
- Working knowledge of industry methodologies with regards to information security
- Nice to have: Deep understanding in cryptography, experience in Payment industry
Responsible for designing and developing highly reliable, scalable system/solution with attention to detail Work to constantly improve our resiliency by developing self-healing, self-assembling infrastructure Dive into problems with an eye to both immediate remediation as well as the follow-through changes and automation that will prevent future occurrences
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent industry experience.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.