Mech Quality Engineer
Nanshan, Guangdong, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, we love unusual ideas that have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. We bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- · Typically requires 5+ years of experience in developing quality plans, designing test methods and gauges, validating test methods and gauges, and driving corrective actions and failure analysis efforts required.
- · Knowledge of quality and reliability concepts, supplier management, and general manufacturing operations. An area of expertise such as a specific process, material or industry is key to show depth of knowledge base.
- · Project management experience and a solid understanding of problem solving tools including design of experiments, root cause analysis and statistical process control principles preferred.
- · Experience with any of the following: mechanical enclosures, castings, plastic parts, injection molding, tooling, jigs, fixtures, or automotive high volume quality manufacturing engineering.
In this highly visible and highly hands-on role, you will enjoy the key decision making combined with the on-site hands-on problem solving that comes with owning the quality for some of the highest quality and highest visibility products in the world today. You will be responsible for developing and implementing quality tools and systems for cutting edge product designs in a cosmetically demanding environment. Specific areas of responsibility include the following: Quality Planning Apply solid understanding of quality control and manufacturing concepts to oversee the development of specific Product Quality Plans (PQP) appropriate to program and commodity. Evaluate and communicate the yield of new and existing processes. Drive corrective actions cross-functionally with internal and external team members • Develop and implement cutting edge quality inspection tools. • Identify and direct studies to implement improvements in measuring method where appropriate. • Establish audit procedures appropriate to program and supplier to ensure adherence to Apple quality standards. • Interface with internal and external groups to ensure that proper definition of quality expectations and that appropriate assurance techniques are used for the product. Supplier Quality Management • Assess supplier production control and quality programs, identify shortfalls to expectation, and directly secure agreement to correct. • Review PQP with supplier and other Apple functional groups to optimize supplier quality programs. • Evaluates supplier readiness and adherence to PQP at all development and qualification stages. • Monitor each supplier's performance through measurement of production line statistics, company inspections, and audits. Prepare summary of performance and communicate to appropriate management.
Education & Experience
- Master or Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering required. MBA will be a plus.