Machine Learning Engineer - 2D Body Pose Estimation
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Machine Learning and AI
We are seeking a driven and dedicated machine learning engineer, preferable with a background in body pose estimation, keypoint detection and tracking, object pose estimation or a related field, who is excited about solving real world problems with direct impact on new and innovative products in the space of Virtual and Augmented Reality that will delight and inspire millions of people every day. We are looking for a diverse set of people, senior researchers, experienced professional and newly graduates are welcome to apply.
- Master degree or PhD in Computer Science, or a related field
- 2+ years of experience with deep learning (academic or professional experience)
- Solid understanding of deep learning fundamentals
- Proficiency with Python (C++, Objective-C, Swift are a plus)
The Video Computer Vision group delivers algorithms that drive revolutionary Apple products. We are the team that is responsible for many of the key algorithms for videos and photos on the iPhone, provide backbone algorithms for ARKit, and conduct research and development in the space of Virtual and Augmented Reality. The Body team develops people understanding algorithms that drive features such as ARKit Motion Capture. We are looking for hardworking engineers who are passionate about building products for millions of customers around the world. You will be working on ground breaking technology and develop algorithms that enable a high-quality user experience across a range of tentpole use cases and applications. As a part of our team, you will closely collaborate with other software teams (computer graphics, video engineering, data generation/annotation, system integration) but also have the chance to interact with hardware engineers (cameras, silicon, electrical engineering, product design). Join us for the rare opportunity to work on novel algorithms that go beyond the state of the art and eventually will touch the lives of millions of people around the world!
Education & Experience
MS/PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field. Alternatively, a comparable industry career with a proven track record. If this is you, we'd love to hear from you!
- Proven experience in at least one major machine learning framework: TensorFlow, Keras, (Py-)Torch, Cafe, etc.
- Experience working on real world problems and large datasets
- Experience in body or hand pose estimation, keypoint detection and tracking, 3D object pose estimation, 2D-3D lifting, or a related field is a huge plus
- Strong mathematical foundation of machine learning / deep learning techniques
- Familiarity with state of the art deep learning architectures, especially in the context of computer vision
- Solid mathematical foundation in computer vision and 3d geometry
- Strong programming skills in at least one additional major programming language, C/C++, Objective-C or Swift are preferred
- Solid foundations of software engineering techniques, software architecture design, coding standards and best practices
- Passion for groundbreaking computer vision / machine learning technologies and product delivery
- Excellent understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Excited about solving problems in new and creative ways but also about bringing research projects to product quality
- Aspiration to stay on top of the state of the art and the latest developments in the research community
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Beneficial: Experience with domain adaptation techniques, uncertainty estimation, image data augmentation, crowd annotation, network optimization for hardware and mobile devices, 3D / multi view geometry