CAD - Custom Flow/Pcell Developer
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. As a CAD Engineer of Custom Infrastructure PDK Engineer, you will develop PDKs, you will responsible for custom Pcell development and support. You will provide support for digital, analog and mixed-signal designs using Cadence. Responsibilities include general user support for both layout and schematic designers, tool customizations, Unix/Linux support and development testing of new tools and flows.
- - 6+years of experience in analog and digital new product development IC CAD support using EDA tools
- - Prior experience supporting Cadence Composer Virtuoso, Layout tools, VXL, PCELLs, and CDFs
- - Deep knowledge of programming languages such as DFII, Skill, Perl, Tcl
- - Proficient with Unix / Linux OS, utilities, and scripting
- - Strong communication skills both oral and written.
In this highly visible role, you will: - Develop custom pcell for primitive devices. - Provide full support for Cadence custom flows, tool development, installation and maintenance - Support Virtuoso Layout and schematic software and release flows based on revision control system - Work with CAD team to provide general CAD services support, utilities, scripts while also working closely with the Design and Layout teams - Support tool configuration and application - Involvement in test development, automation and regression flow support - Create and maintain revelant documentation
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in relevant technical discipline
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.