Cellular 4G/5G Firmware Verification Architect (m/f/d)
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? Do you thrive on pushing the limits of what’s considered feasible? As part of a world-class modem team, you’ll craft sophisticated leading-edge embedded firmware that delivers more performance in our products than ever before. You’ll work across disciplines to transform improved hardware elements into a single, integrated design. Join us, and you’ll help us innovate new wireless systems technologies that continually outperform the previous iterations. By collaborating with other product development groups across Apple, you’ll push the industry boundaries of what wireless systems can do and improve the product experience for our customers across the world. Do you want to have an impact on every single Apple product? As a Cellular 5G/4G Firmware Verification Architect, you will be at the center of the embedded 5G/4G/multimode cellular firmware effort within a silicon design group responsible for designing and productizing state-of-the-art cellular SoCs. This position requires someone comfortable will all aspects of embedded firmware verification, that thrives in a dynamic cross-functional organization, is not afraid to debate ideas openly, and is flexible enough to pivot on constantly evolving requirements.
- In-depth understanding of 5G and 4G 3GPP specifications with a focus on physical layer, protocol stack procedures and configurations, systems design and implementation
- Strong experience and a solid understanding of 4G/5G wireless systems design, RF interface and firmware architecture
- Capability of defining complex verification use cases and schemes and drive system performance and define verification criteria
- Experience with firmware test case planning, design, and development for the 4G/5G functional and performance scenarios
- Strong working knowledge of multiple 4G/5G signaling and physical layer test equipment (Keysight/Anritsu/R&S) along with their automation interfaces
- Deep understanding of software engineering principles, and core computer science fundamentals
- Fundamental facility with build and source code control tools
- Versatile to learn new architecture and frameworks
- Experience with network emulators, silicon prototyping, emulation systems, and virtual platforms
- 5+ years with Ph.D or 12+ years with Master’s degree of relevant experience in the wireless communications industry
Work with a team of component verification, integration, protocol test engineers, firmware developers and system engineers to create firmware verification use cases and end to end physical layer performance Design and develop verification frameworks for the 4G/5G firmware Design, develop and execute test cases for the 4G/5G firmware Verify key protocol, signal processing and numerical algorithms with very tight time, latency and energy budgets Work with Hardware/Firmware/Systems teams to create verification architecture for new and existing features Assist in the development of pre-silicon emulation systems/virtual platforms and use them for pre-silicon firmware design verification Evaluate and implement leading-edge tools for build, formal verification and test Define methodologies and best practices for verification and reporting
Education & Experience
Ph.D. or Master’s degree in electrical engineering or computer science is required Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.