Environmental Initiatives Program Manager (m/f/d) - EMEIA (temporary)
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
At Apple, we’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways! Apple is deeply reciprocal place, where everything we build is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Come and join us! Apple’s International Environmental Initiatives team is offering a position as Environmental Program Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity. You will focus on monitoring, analysing and implementing environmental compliance requirements pertaining to take-back and recycling of waste electronics (WEEE), batteries and packaging, product eco-design and circular economy in the EMEIA region, specifically a number of EU countries and emerging markets in Africa. You will engage closely with cross-functional Apple teams and external partners to ensure excellence throughout all steps of the compliance process. The International Environmental Initiatives team mission is to ensure that Apple's products, manufacturing processes, and recycling programs exceed the strictest environmental regulatory requirements. We anticipate future trends and help to formulate strategies on environmental leadership programs. We support Apple's corporate environmental teams to deliver industry-leading initiatives to reduce our impact on climate change, conserve finite resources, and eliminate the use of harmful substances through smarter chemistry. This is for temporary position (parental leave cover, 14 months).
- Minimum 5 years of working experience driving environmental compliance programs in the electronics or other relevant industry;
- Good knowledge of existing Extended Producer Responsibility and product environmental regulations affecting consumer electronics;
- Good understanding of policy and stakeholder engagement processes;
- Proven record of working with cross-functional, international teams;
- Experience working in emerging markets, particularly African countries is a plus;
- Ability to communicate complex regulations and technical information to a broad internal audience to build understanding and support;
- Experience in interacting with interdisciplinary project teams;
- Self-motivated and pro-active;
- Proficient in English and another language (e.g. German, French), excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Willing to travel internationally.
- Supervise and analyse impact of emerging environmental requirements in the EU, specifically Germany, Austria and Switzerland, and a few African countries; - Communicate requirements, impact and engagement opportunities to different interdisciplinary groups in Apple; - Develop plans and drive implementation of recycling and product related regulatory requirements in close collaboration with internal partners; - Interface with external research groups to bring relevant knowledge on emerging environmental initiatives, partnerships and assessment methods in-house; - Scope and compare services of EPR schemes in collaboration with Procurement and Legal teams; - Support corporate initiatives on resources, climate change and smarter chemistry.
Education & Experience
Bachelors, Masters or PhD in Environmental Sciences, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Management and Sustainability, Ecology or a related field