Cellular SoC Engineering Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, intelligent people and inspiring innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Do you want to join us in these pursuits? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! Apple seeks a technical leader to lead programs for our groundbreaking Cellular IPs. As a Cellular SoC Engineering Program Manager (EPM) within the Hardware Technology organization, you will be part of a senior program management team, responsible for driving roadmaps and resolving technical issues that enable state of the art Apple products. In this highly visible role, you will drive the design, implementation and verification of baseband and power portions of wireless designs across all Apple products. You will collaborate with multiple engineering groups responsible for other blocks in the system. This is an individual contributor role, helping to lead definition and development processes for wireless SoC silicon. The focus of this role is on different phases of product requirements, architecture, system engineering, design and pre-silicon prototyping to initial samples. The EPM is responsible for communication and representation for the multi-functional groups involved in Cellular SoC development from concept to production. Your technical design background in Wireless, SoC, Cellular LTE/5G system understanding will be key to your success in this role. You will also ideally have project management experience in some aspect of VLSI Chip Design, and/or cellular system development. Tried experience working in a dynamic engineering environment, sophisticated multi-tasking skills, and real-time crisis management are all desired strengths for this position.
- 10+ validated experience working with cellular systems, requirements, firmware development, algorithm, Baseband Mixed-Signal IPs.
- Track record of hands-on Technical Program or Project Management or Engineering Chip Lead.
- Good knowledge of cellular technologies, SoC, Analog/Mixed signal IP’s, system engineering, PHY Firmware system, tools/flows and methodologies.
- Extraordinary teammate and creative problem solver who is able to lead technical teams, multi-functional groups against plans.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Work with multi-functional Architecture, HW, SW and System organizations to enable progress on dependencies for Silicon definitions and ramp. • Work closely with chip Integration and system teams to drive high level achievements. • Ability to multi-task and lead designs across several projects at a time. • Close technical requirements with Apple system teams, handle issues, and track bugs. • Pull together regular project status presentations for multi-functional executive reviews. • Drive resolution of technical issues between multi-functional teams: Technology/Library, IP owners, Design, DV, PD, HW and SW teams. • Convert large amounts of data into a clear story to communicate to organizations at all levels. • Identify risks, develop mitigation strategies and facilitate conflict resolution. • Track project schedule for all phases of Silicon-on-Chip design from IP and System definition to Design, Prototyping, Silicon/System Bring-up & Production.
Education & Experience
MS or BS Degree in technical discipline