SWE - C/C++ Software Engineer (Compilers & Tooling), WTE
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Software and Services
Apple engineers have always focused on one person when they build software — the person who will use it. Working in our Software Group (SWE) you’ll see why every Apple product and service feels intuitive and simple, and why every aspect of this group’s work is built around a respect for the customer’s needs Would you like to make an impact on this scale? Join our Wireless Technologies and Eco-Systems (WTE) team and help us create the tools that power the productivity and efficiency of Apple software development!
- Good C/C++ programming skills
- Confident writing automation scripts in Python
- Knowledge in software testing methods and tools
- Familiar with Linux for development purposes
- Understand compiler construction (flex or bison nice to have)
- Ability to work independently as a member of a multi-functional team
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
The Apple Cellular Protocol Software (CPS) team is responsible for building tools for Protocol Stack development. We use practical knowledge and experience with computer science to help us build, maintain and extend the vital tools that assure successful delivery of software to Apple products. This position provides an opportunity to work with the Protocol Stack and Tooling team. You will drive the implementation and improvement of internal tools and processes that support the development of the Cellular Protocol Stack. You will have the opportunity to contribute to tools developed and maintained by the team in the area of unit testing, ASN.1, trace decoding and frameworks. Our team's scope covers: Unit Test driver for Module testing, Protocol stack messaging and logging framework and tooling; Air message en-/decoding framework and tooling Generating documentation; Specialised compiler and tooling development; Automation of verification, e.g. message en-/decoding Specification analysis (3GPP and internal) Interface and component design with other teams of Apple SW development, verification and debugging Like what you've read? Then we'd love to hear from you!
Education & Experience
Computer science fundamentals no matter how you got them.
- This role may require occasional international travel/transatlantic travel.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.