Business Development Manager, Apple Pay - Japan
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
At Apple, our team doesn't simply build products; we pioneer groundbreaking innovations that transform industries. It is the diversity of our dedicated individuals and their unique ideas that fuels the innovation driving everything we undertake, from cutting-edge technology to industry-leading environmental initiatives. Can you imagine what you could do here? Apple Pay is revolutionizing how people pay in Japan. More and more customers are adopting the convenience, security and privacy of using favorite payment and transit cards on the platform. We invite you to be part of our world class team! We are seeking an expert business development professional to help us develop and implement our business development plans to add partners, increase users and transactions per user. The Business Development Manager will work closely with Wallet Payment & Commerce business leadership and business development professionals in Japan, EMEIA and US. The role will be responsible for all business development and relationship management with our payment partnerships. Join Apple and be a part of our mission to make a positive impact on the world and contribute to leaving it better than we found it!
- Possess business development expertise, including establishing relationships and negotiating contracts with new and existing partners.
- Demonstrate a track record of influencing external partners to ensure long-term success in business partnerships.
- Acquire knowledge of financial services, payments, or Apple Pay, or quickly adapt based on previous experiences.
- Exhibit strong decision-making skills and the ability to engage with cross-functional teams in Japanese companies, establishing credibility and inspiring change in traditional organizations.
- Showcase outstanding written and verbal communication skills in both Japanese and English.
This role will have responsibility for business development across all of Apple Pay’s payments partners in Japan and potentially other Asian markets: - Contribute to the development of the comprehensive strategy for Apple Pay in Japan, providing valuable insights and shaping the business direction through active participation in the annual roadmap planning process. - Collaborate with partners throughout the partnership journey, including outreach, negotiation of business terms, detailed contract negotiations, product launch, and ongoing management of partner relationships across categories. - Collaborate with current partners to build effective marketing, promotional, and growth plans aimed at increasing Apple Pay active users and maximizing transactions per active user.
Education & Experience
B.A./B.S. required, MBA preferred
- Other qualities that will help you succeed on the Apple Pay Japan team:
- - Experience in government relations and strong understanding of government operations would be a plus.
- - Demonstrate fact-based orientation, leveraging data and analysis to effectively influence and persuade others.
- - Cultivate a highly collaborative working style, receptive to direction, and capable of effectively collaborating with internal and external teams.
- - Display strong motivation and perseverance in cultivating partnerships with a diverse range of challenging partners, from traditional Japanese companies to innovative startups, with a focus on long-term goals.
- - Proficient in navigating internal approval processes and garnering cross-functional support, particularly in inspiring engineers to engage in new projects.
- - Exhibit a genuine passion for delivering extraordinary products and outstanding customer experiences, while driving the adoption of new technologies to reach a wider user base.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.