Hardware Security Analyst
Paris, Paris Region, France
Software and Services
We believe that privacy is a fundamental human right. Protecting this right on complex devices like the iPhone, iWatch and Apple TV is difficult. It's hard work that will challenge you with the constant need to improve. You will not always know how to solve problems and at times this will be scientifically uncomfortable. The reward? Helping safeguard the privacy of hundreds of millions people and the integrity of creative content. Now imagine what you could do here. With your passion and dedication to security there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Problem solver, able to think creatively
- Hardworking researcher of new ideas and attack methods
- Skilled in Side Channel Analysis, Fault Injection -and Perturbation -attacks (Laser, EM, BBI...)
- Knowledgable of Cryptography practices
- Programming skills (e.g. C, Assembly & Python)
- Experience developing system software such as drivers or frameworks
At Apple we use groundbreaking techniques and take time to research and explore opportunities to improve the hardware security. We work on the whole ecosystem with a variety of products and you can influence future direction. Working as part of an extraordinary team of security experts, you have the freedom to bring new ideas, design innovative solution and challenge our how we work. You will spend your time interrogating a collection of complex, high frequency SoC products. To drive improvement in test benches, you will analyse devices up to the full realisation of attacks. We also build evaluations on software as well as hardware, from the basic cryptographic blocks to the high level applications. Our team relies on your ability to quickly familiarize yourself with code you’ve never seen before. By understanding the pertinent functionality, we use state of the art equipment to probe test features, from the preliminary design specifications to the end products. You will be self directed, analytical, and work well in a team environment. Comfortable working at math level on cryptographic primitives you will contribute analysis on many products including embedded technologies. Based in Paris, we are passionate about security and work closely with cryptographers and developers across Apple. To work together we all speak English and you'll need to be fluent too, but speaking French is not required for this role. If this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
Degree in Computer Science / Computer Electronics (or equivalent experience)
- This role may require occasional international travel/transatlantic travel
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.