iCloud Drive - Software Engineer in Test
Paris, Paris Region, France
Software and Services
The iCloud Drive team works at the intersection of software and services. We design and implement the software syncing documents for hundreds of millions of users every day, and providing these documents through applications and system services on iOS and macOS. That code is integrated deep into the OS, in a stack that ranges from the kernel to the UI. You will help drive features and quality in a fast pace, high impact environment! The position entails responsibility for the quality of the user experience, the reliability, performance and stability of the system, the integrity of our users data, and the protection of their privacy. The challenge in this position is to deliver features while not compromising on any of these requirements.
- Extensive experience with developing testing and automation frameworks.
- Programming skills: Extensive experience in Python or equivalent, as well as a C-based language; bonus points for Swift.
- Experience with crafting tests for complex systems and quickly evolving tests environments.
- Ideally you will have experience with performance analysis, stress tests, and scalability assessments.
- Ideally you will have experience with telemetry, critical metrics, and data-driven decisions.
- Ideally you will have experience with setting up and maintaining a Continuous Integration pipeline.
- History of shipping software on tight schedules.
Test automation for iCloud Drive is absolutely mission critical and informs tactical decisions every day; this position mixes quality (user experience, automation coverage, feature ship readiness) engineering (test development, debugging) and DevOps (continuous integration, infrastructure work), and has an immediate impact on the quality of a service that is essential to the work and personal life of hundreds of millions of users. You will be responsible for keeping the automation infrastructure up and running for the needs of the engineering team, keeping up to date with the various infrastructure changes across the company, learning from other teams with similar needs and history! You will also be responsible day to day for investigating test failures and tracking fixes, whether they be infrastructure related or software regressions. The Software Engineer in Test will be in charge of assessing the test automation coverage, raising risk and blind spots to management, and adding tests where missing, or working with other specialists or teams on quality issues. Finally, the Software Engineer in Test will provide periodic assessments on ship readiness for new features.
Education & Experience
• MS CS/CE or equivalent experience.
- Customer Focus: passionate about the customer experience, and in understanding how to identify and reduce pain points.
- Priority Driven: Comfortable working in a continually changing and dynamic environment and driving top issues to resolution.
- Great Teammate: Excellent multi-functional communication and influencing skills.
- Team Builder: Ability to attract, hire, motivate and develop the best quality minded individuals.
- Technically Agile: Ready to deep dive into technical areas when needed but also discuss these topics to a non-technical audience.
- Exec Presence: Ability to summarize key points and tie them back to the customer experience.
- Autonomy, creativity and accountability.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.