iCloud Drive - Data Analytics Engineer
Paris, Paris Region, France
Software and Services
Do you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product? As a data analyst on the iCloud Drive team, you’ll bring your keen observational and analytical skills, empathy for users, and passion for quality to an engineering team working to make the next version of iCloud Drive insanely great. The iCloud Drive team is looking for an experienced Data Analyst to drive several workload analysis and data collection projects to improve the performance, endurance, and cost-efficiency of iCloud Drive.
- Demonstrated experience in exploratory data analysis and familiarity with advanced quantitative analysis and statistical techniques (mandatory)
- Demonstrated experience in developing systems to analyze big data sets (mandatory)
- Extensive experience as a Data Analyst or similar role (mandatory)
- Ability to work with software engineering teams to leverage domain expert knowledge to improve the data analytics pipeline
- Strong analytical thinking and ability to quickly internalize new problem spaces
- Keen eye for data visualization using tools like Tableau
- Solid Python programming
In this role, you will work with the iCloud Drive team to develop pipelines for data collection, both internally and externally, and own the data analysis process for informing design decisions, product trade-offs, and software heuristics. An ideal candidate will help propagate good data analytics practices through the organization and help foster a software methodology that creates actionable telemetry throughout the design process. We are looking for an enthusiastic, curious, and technically savvy teammate who can juggle a variety of tasks efficiently. Are you excited about being a member of the iCloud Drive engineering team, working side by side with engineers and QA engineers? We want your energy and unique perspective on our team!
Education & Experience
M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with distributed systems
- Experience with database and cloud compute technologies (e.g. Splunk, SQL, Cassandra, Redis, Spark)
- This role may require occasional international travel/transatlantic travel.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.