AppleCare Sales Manager
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Operations and Supply Chain
Because Apple makes the hardware, the operating system and many applications, Apple products are truly integrated systems. And only AppleCare products give you one-stop service and support from Apple experts, so most issues can be resolved in a single call. AppleCare products provide experienced telephone technical support and additional hardware service options from Apple. You are passionate about the customer experience, and believe that every customer deserves the best support experience. You are also a skilled sales professional, and you are excited to find the most effective way to drive performance across both direct and channel sales teams. You love to think creatively, and there is no problem that can’t be solved by creative thinking. The AppleCare Sales Manager is responsible for the successful development of AppleCare sales with major carriers and retailers. This senior position is crucial in identifying, creating and selling new commercial models for AppleCare insurance proposition. We require a dynamic professional to work with a cross-functional team in developing strategies and business cases, structuring partnerships, and driving strategic initiatives to grow our insurance sales. The job combines strategic planning and operational execution via cross-functional collaboration, it is not only about ‘advising’, it is also about ‘doing’. The ability to encourage, enable and scale through the local and regional sales teams, as well as growing sales with key partners per market/region is a critical success factor. In addition, a sharp eye for business is required for creating new innovative propositions and business models.
- An expert professional from the services and solution domain, either from a major mobile insurer company or having extensive experience running insurance programs for a pan European account
- Rigorous analytical skills around strategy development, market/customer segmentation, competitive analysis, and financial performance tracking and analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to work through complex business problems and partner with internal clients with a consultative approach.
- Strong analytical/modelling skills with ability to convert raw data into actionable business insights
- Excellent verbal, written and data presentation skills are a must-have.
- Extraordinary communicator – the ability to present openly and effectively in 1:1 and 1: many environments, across all levels of an organisation from CxO to Sales teams.
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills and the ability to develop strong relationships with all levels of the organisation.
- Agility and resilience to work and influence within an Apple matrix environment at a Local, Regional and Worldwide level.
- Calibrate time, effort and investment between short-term tactical opportunities versus medium/long-term strategic opportunities.
- Passion for learning new things, continuous improvement, sharing standard methodologies.
- Successful track record in a fast moving, high growth and entrepreneurial environment.
- Proven experience positively influencing the performance of virtual teams.
Reporting to the Head of EMEIA AppleCare Sales, the role is based in London and will require substantial international travel. The AppleCare Sales Manager will work in the team leading the business development plan for EMEIA: 1. Sales Development - See opportunities of development - Build adapted proposition to account targeted - Pitch to accounts and drive negotiations - Handle global pipeline of opportunities - Ensure transition and support teams launching accounts acquired 2. Analysis - create and maintain commercial business intelligence across following areas and communicate that in the correct context to aid and expedite solid decision-making: - Major retailers and carriers insurance products - Major program food chain deep understanding - Insurance business models 3. Strategy - participate to definition of growth strategy on insurance and extended warranty products with major carriers and retailers in the region Developing key relationships with internal and external partners will be critical: - Geo/Country management and sales teams. - Regional sales teams. - Regional / Worldwide Marketing teams. - Regional Planning and Programs teams. - Global and Local strategic partners. - External vendors and strategic partnerships KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS FOR THIS ROLE ARE: - Incremental attach rate and revenues of AppleCare products. - Peer and Leadership feedback on quality and depth of collaboration with Country, Regional, and Worldwide teams.
Education & Experience
- BBA / MBA preferred - Extensive demonstrated commercial experience selling solution/services to carriers and retailers - Fluent in English (both written and spoken). Another language desirable. - Proficiency with Excel and Keynote required - Mobile phone insurance background appreciated