EMEIA Tax Specialist
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Team up with Apple, one of the most influential technology leaders in the industry. Join the Apple Tax organization and make a positive impact on a Company that is known for its impressive lineup of products, including iPhone, iPad, Mac and iPod. At Apple, you’ll share in a dedication to excellence by collaborate with extraordinary managers, all with one unified vision— building innovative products that delight customers. We do this by hiring quality individuals with integrity, personal accountability, partnership, excellence, and can-do thinking. If you exemplify our values and want to be part of something big, contact us today. We are seeking to hire an EMEIA Tax Specialist in an influential new role as part of an exciting period of continued growth. The role is located in our offices in Central London. It will require regular travel across Europe as well as to our headquarters in Cupertino in California. An excellent opportunity for tired and tested Tax Consultant who will play a key advisory role in minimising Apple’s tax risk across Europe.
- Are you passionate about communicating at all levels within an organisation and do you have the ability to translate technical language clearly to non-technical audiences?
- Can you work collaboratively with other areas of the business in a matrix environment?
- Inquisitive/creative thinker who understands the wider business impact of tax decisions and someone who is solution focused.
- Are you a self-assured, passionate and results focused individual who can demonstrate good business sense.
- Ability to prioritise workload and conflicting demands.
- You will be a self-motivated individual capable of developing innovative solutions to projects independently and be able to successfully communicate those solutions to the wider business, tax, treasury and finance teams.
- Have the ability to work with multi disciplinary teams and successfully communicate views and points with people from all functions and levels.
- Degree educated with relevant professional qualifications.
- Validated experience in European / International Tax.
- Experience in industry and working for a US Multinational Corporation would be advantageous.
The EMEIA tax team is responsible for working closely with Apple's business teams to assess the tax consequences of our business activities, development and expansion, the region's transfer pricing policies, and advising on the overall international tax risks of Apple's EMEIA companies. The small team divides responsibilities for the region, business areas and business projects into individual portfolios in a way that is flexible and can be altered to meet the needs of the business. You will have responsibilities for such a portfolio and your role will include: •Providing advice to worldwide tax, treasury and business teams on the EMEIA tax implications related to new business areas and business changes. •You will be providing tax advice on business matters and projects and working with multi functional teams to help work through problems and challenges to aid project success. •Working with local and centralised accounting teams to support tax audits and tax enquiries including taking the active lead on leading these teams in relation to enquiries focusing on international tax matters. •Working with worldwide tax and treasury on the tax consequences of repatriation of profits and financing of regional activities. •Supporting worldwide tax teams responsible for tax accounting and bookings with input and advice from time to time •You will support and assist Apple’s businesses through providing advice and ensure the businesses are fully aligned with all tax laws •Minimising any tax risks associated to uncertainties.
Education & Experience
- •Do you hold a current passport and can you travel in Europe – typically a few days each month on an ad-hoc basis, depending on issues arising
- •When working with colleagues based in California (+8 hour time difference), or traveling, a flexible approach to working hours is desirable
- •A second European language would be an advantage but not essential – English is the business language throughout Apple’s International offices.