Carrier Account Manager - Stockley Park
Uxbridge, Greater London, United Kingdom
The Carrier Account Manager provides the key interface between our external and carrier partner device teams and Apple’s internal engineering teams to facilitate the testing and validation of new hardware and software introduction and key infrastructure projects with carriers. The successful individual will project manage the test and validation cycles and ensure that all issues are prioritised, tracked and reported appropriately within Apple. This role requires the post holder to be highly knowledgeable in wireless technologies ( WCDMA,LTE, IMS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth) as you'll be discussing the capabilities and limitations of devices. You will be required to demonstrate positive relationship building and project management, setting expectations and leading technical discussions with our Carrier partners.
- Proven experience in managing the end to end device certification process.
- Program/project management experience delivering complex technical projects.
- Dedicated and be able to drive relationships with carriers/vendors.
- Ability to build relationships multi-functional with both internal and external teams.
- Proven planning and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with protocol stack features, preferably for GSM/EDGE, WCDMA, LTE.
- Familiar with Carrier network features, current deployments and future wireless trends.
THE ROLE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING DUTIES: - Support and drive the carrier approval of wireless devices. - Report project status, prioritise tasks, raise to senior management. - Analyse network features and operator requirements and provide feedback to engineering and marketing with regard to complexities and capability. - You will need to apply your detailed technical knowledge of wireless standards to understand, prioritise issues found during certification test and drive these to resolution. - This role will require occasional international travel.
Education & Experience
- Degree in EE/CE or equivalent experience.