Editor, Mac App Store
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
We’ve all found apps we love, and apps that have changed our lives. Apps transform the ways we learn, work, travel, have fun, and pursue our passions. The Mac App Store is the single largest catalog of Mac apps in the world. And so our team challenged itself: How can we better support our developers? How do we showcase their creative work? How can we make the Mac App Store a place millions of customers will want to come to every single day? With the launch of the all-new Mac App Store, we are looking for a dynamic editor - with a special expertise for the Mac - to help a team of writers produce engaging content around apps and games from a global perspective. This position is also responsible for the discovery, selection, and programming of featured apps on the Mac App Store. You are an experienced editor who has run desks or teams, with a deep knowledge about Mac technology and culture. You should be creative and results driven, with the leadership skills to work across partners, and an extensive background driving user engagement across dynamic platforms, including social media. You live and breath Mac hardware and software and will dedicate your efforts to helping our customers discover the best content available on the Mac App Store. Most of all, you’re passionate about the role apps play in people’s lives, and are eager to help create an amazing user experience for millions of people around the world.
- Highly experienced with editing for traditional and online publications
- Strong ability to motivate creative editorial teams
- Experience working with international peers to define editorial and programming strategies
- An ability to analyse and communicate results to leaders
- Experience working with content management systems
- Extraordinary organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven ability to handle deadlines and work effectively with cross-functional teams under strict deadlines
- Resourceful, creative, and collaborative
- Deep passion for the Apple brand, Apple products, and Mac technology
▪ Commission and top edit editorial copy for selected apps and games with a focus on voice, tone, style, and overall quality ▪ Curate and editorialise content for the all-new Mac App Store. ▪ Craft compelling and relevant themed collections and stories. ▪ Write editorial copy for selected apps and games. ▪ Collaborate with designers, programmers, marketers, and product managers to create amazing user experiences ▪ Work with cross-functional partners to create editorial strategies, and gain consensus for key initiatives ▪ Manage a programming calendar and style guide ▪ Program featured content on the Mac App Store using internal CMS tools.
Education & Experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.