Wireless Device Field Engineer - UK
Uxbridge, Greater London, United Kingdom
The Wireless Field Design Engineering team are looking for a motivated, highly technical Cellular Field Engineer with excellent problem solving and communication skills. You will need to demonstrate experience in testing cellular technologies (GSM/GPRS/UMTS/LTE).
- We are looking for experience in testing cellular technologies (GSM/GPRS/UMTS/LTE).
- Deep understanding of mobile network infrastructure.
- You will be able to work independently, and show dedication.
- Proven ability to own a complete functional area of an application or product.
- Deep understanding of SQA methodologies & practices.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- You'll be detail oriented, committed in getting things right.
- Comfortable with working on hardware and in supporting engineering in debugging/reproducing hard to reproduce issues.
- Scripting is a huge plus (shell/perl/python) as is prior field testing experience.
- Fluent in English both written and verbal.
- Some travel may be required in this role, some international.
- Working to tight deadlines you will need to be calm under pressure to join our team.
You will join a diverse team responsible for qualifying all of the latest iPhone products. You will focus on testing the baseband and telephony functionality (phone, sms, data, etc) of the iPhone. You will complete both documented and ad hoc testing to ensure high quality releases. We are looking for experts in testing cellular technologies to join our team.
Education & Experience
EE degree, CS degree or equivalent experience
- PREFERRED EXPERIENCE WOULD INCLUDE:-
- Machine Learning
- Improving the accuracy and reliability of digital communications - Digital Signal Processing
- Experience of Radio frequency