Business Systems Analyst, EMEIA Localisation Shared Services
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Operations and Supply Chain
We are looking for a dynamic teammate to join the Localization Shared Services team in Central London. This is a global team that provides localization expertise to a wide range of teams at Apple, managing localization technology, production and quality. Our team develops and improves a number of tools for the wider Apple localization community, especially to support Project Management, Translation and Terminology development. You will help drive the development of these tools to close the communication gap between Business and Engineering. This is an exciting, dynamic role in a fast growing and fast paced team within Apple.
- Superb communication and presentation skills with both business and engineers.
- You have an excellent analytical attitude with a focus on problem solving.
- Minimum 5+ years relevant work experience in Localization, Software Engineering, Business Analysis and/or Project Management.
- Thrives in a dynamic environment. You can quickly adapt to new goals and technologies.
- Demonstrable experience in requirement elicitation.
- Experienced in writing user stories / technical requirements.
- Proficient in SQL and database design.
- Has knowledge of a programming language (e.g. Swift or Python).
- Knowledge of web technologies helpful.
- Work experience in a large/global company is ideal.
- Must be able to travel internationally to the US, possibly for 3–4 weeks at a time.
On the job, the role is flexible and is defined by the business needs. Responsibilities typically include: - Liaise with partners in the world-wide Apple localization community to understand business needs and learn about their challenges. - Understand business problems and work with partners on solutions. - Aggressively identify and pursue improvement opportunities for the managed tools that make valuable contributions to the business. - Translate business requirements into verifiable engineering requirements. - Prioritize feature requests by evaluating value for the business, engineering effort and the overall tool strategy. - Provide technical support to different internal groups on Apple’s own localization tools, including analysis, solving problems and resolving technical queries. - Build technical documentation for new features, user guides, and presentations on localization tools. - Help conceptualize and implement business reports.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree required, MA preferred.