Travel Safety Program Manager
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we create products and experiences people once couldn’t have envisioned - and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and expansive companies in the world, this is an opportunity for you. Apple places a high level of importance on the safety and security of employees, not least when they are away from home on business. We have colleagues who travel to over 100 countries, which brings complexities in both volume and the variation of risks across these environments. We are looking for an experienced international operator who can lead our global Travel Safety Program. You will have excellent knowledge and experience of travel safety risks, both practically in higher risk environments and analytically to understand changing risks. An excellent grasp of softer skills for training, business partner management, persuading & influencing others and supporting excellent internal and external relationships. Leading a program of this scale also requires extraordinary project management skills, in an international business, to deliver the technical and operational projects on top of the day to day programs. You will be an integral part of our Global Security Crisis Management Team and you will be based in London. Travel is expected to be 30%.
- Have you an excellent level of knowledge about security risks around the world?
- Can you develop an excellent understanding of Apple’s assets (current and future plans) across the various business units and countries?
- Can you conduct proactive ground assessments of geographical locations, transportation options, hotels, event venues, and third party premises?
- Do you have the ability to build relationships with law enforcement, government agencies and security professionals in each country?
- To assess, vet and lead specialist security vendors in each country
- To develop traveler risk mitigation strategies based upon, country / city risk assessments
- To deliver preparedness training to colleagues
- Train travelers going to medium, high and extreme risk locations
•To deliver a travel safety program that incorporates risk assessments, briefings, training, and deployments in all countries we travel to •To work closely will others to develop a strong understanding of our policy and procedures •To build first class relationships with senior business partners so the team is regarded as an integral part of the business •Be the go-to person for questions and advice about travel risks and response plans •Develop positive relationships, contracts and standards with our global vendors •Can you write travel safety briefings built on a wide range of resources and team knowledge •Lead and deliver technical projects to enhance traveler briefings and communications