Senior Network Engineer -Retail
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we create products and experiences people once couldn’t have envisioned - and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and expansive companies in the world a career with Apple might be your dream job… Just be prepared to dream big. Apple is seeking an extraordinary Senior Network Engineer to join their Global Network Services (GNS) team, with a focus on Retail network infrastructure. This is a highly technical, hands-on role in a dynamic and fast paced environment. You will have a mixture of deep technical know-how as well as an excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills.
- 5+ years industry experience in large scale global networks
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP (both IPv4/IPv6)
- Experience and knowledge of BGP and Internet Routing Policies
- Extensive knowledge of both Cisco IOS/NX-OS and JUNOS
- Strong working knowledge of:
- Wireless security architecture and protocols
- Access Control methodologies
- VPN technologies, including IPSec, 3DES, AES, IKE, DMVPN
- PCI and SOX standards and compliance
- Expertise with standard Linux utilities and programs (grep, sed, awk, sort, traceroute, tcpdump, etc)
- Experience automating workflows through scripting (Python, Perl, or Ansible)
- You will be enthusiastic to develop solutions to interesting problems rarely seen in smaller environments.
- Have a driving passion to improve existing processes and systems.
- Independently identifies problem areas and creates elegant solutions.
- Excellent problem resolution skills
- Good communication and documentation skills
- You will be developing, implementing, and supporting scalable networking solutions to address a variety of business challenges. - They will need to excel in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task and work not only on projects, but also provide operational support. - A collaborative teammate that will work across multi-functional groups and have the ability and willingness to mentor others and have a sound business approach for supporting our global footprint. - We are looking for an experienced Senior Network Engineer who knows how to operate efficiently in large scale environments. - This person will use automation and tools to develop and maintain consistency within the networking infrastructure. - You wll be responsible for automating support tasks across hundreds of locations around the world. Besides a good technical role, this position also requires strong people skills and an individual who enjoys the dynamic nature of Apple’s environment.
Education & Experience
Bachelors in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- - This position requires 24x7 on-call availability for several weeks a year
- - Desired certifications and skills:
- - CCNP / CCIE / JUNOS / JNCIP-M/ JNCIE / CISSP / OSX / UNIX