Uxbridge, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we create products and experiences people once couldn’t have envisioned - and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, and joining one of the most diverse and expansive companies in the world, this is an opportunity for you. Are you passionate about inclusion and accessibility and excited to share that passion with others? Apple is looking for an Accessibility subject matter expert with management experience. You will be well versed in technical Accessibility for the web or native applications. The role will involve leading a team of dedicated experts representing Accessibility for various business functions, and directing and focusing our efforts for the best outcomes for our customers.
- Do you have:
- Awareness of native application technologies such as Cocoa, Objective-C and Swift
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of WCAG 2.x guidelines
- Exceptional knowledge and understanding of WAI-ARIA
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of macOS and iOS VoiceOver and other Accessibility features
- First-hand experience in testing with assistive technologies (including screen readers such as VoiceOver, JAWS and NVDA)
- Familiarity with Accessibility features on mobile devices
- A real passion for managing people and helping them grow
- Apple's Accessibility and SEO Centre of Excellence is a group crafted with the purpose of promoting and supporting Accessibility across Apple and offering consultancy services to project teams. - We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate individual, who is able to lead an established group of Accessibility subject matter experts and act as a technical representative for Accessibility within the group. - You may be required to direct audits of existing solutions, support individuals working with teams throughout the entire lifecycle of a project on new features and solutions, liaise and co-ordinate with various functions, and represent the team positively and effectively at all times. - You will be a pragmatic and charismatic individual, able to promote the best results whilst also maintaining excellent relationships with all those you work with. - You should be an empowering leader, capable to adapt and adhere to internal guidelines and processes, and work under tight deadlines with teams spread around the globe. Previous industry experience with an emphasis on Accessibility is essential.