Siri - Software Engineer
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Want to join the team pushing the boundaries of AI and creating an intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done? Join the Siri team at Apple. Play a part in the next revolution in human- computer interaction. Collaborate with software engineers as well as machine learning engineers/ scientists in several technical areas spanning the entire range of Siri's capabilities (speech recognition, natural language understanding, dialogue management). Have the opportunity to innovate, create groundbreaking technology, build prototypes of user-facing features and magical experiences, and work with a cross-functional team to ship these magical experiences to millions of users.
- In-depth development experience with server-side Java and/or C++
- Excellent algorithm and data structure skills (time and space complexity analysis, optimization, etc.) • Strong object-oriented programming and design skills, at both the systems level and application level • Flexibility to code both in Java and C++
- Proven ability to quickly learn and modify large, existing code bases
- Passion for building demo prototypes and turning them into production quality design/implementation • Strong communication skills to work well with cross-functional engineering teams
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking, good at seeing the big picture
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Enthusiasm for learning and applying data science and machine learning on the job
- Being passionate about creating phenomenal products and experiences for our users
You will be a part of a team that's responsible for a wide variety of speech-related research and development activities, including acoustic modeling, language modeling and tools development. Our speech recognition research is typically data driven and we are particularly interested in unsupervised techniques to leverage large quantities of data. You should be passionate about creating phenomenal products. Because you'll be working closely with engineers from a number of other teams at Apple, you’ll need to be a team player who thrives in a fast paced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
Education & Experience
B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience