Busines Development Lead, Content Licensing - Apple Music
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Apple Music, the world’s fastest-growing subscription music streaming service, offers subscribers an incredible catalog of more than 50 million songs, combined with their entire iTunes library, which they can stream or download for offline listening all completely ad-free. Subscribers can also build their own playlists or discover new ones curated by Apple Music, and share music with their friends. In addition, they also get daily recommendations based on the music they already love, can listen to radio stations from every genre, and watch exclusive music videos, documentaries and concerts from their favorite artists. Apple Music also includes Beats 1, a global live stream of radio shows. Apple is now seeking a highly experienced expert within content licensing to join the international commercial team in London and lead commercial relationships and negotiations with record labels, distributors and aggregators across international markets. You will be working in partnership with our closest business partners and this is a critical role to support the rapid growth and expansion of Apple Music. You will also be ensuring that the service is available wherever and whenever customers wish to access it and at price points that they are willing to pay. In particular, you will be expected to secure the commercial support and licenses for the expansion of the service into new geographies, the addition of new product features, the launch of new promotions and the opening of new distribution channels and strategic partnerships.
- Build relationships and lead business negotiations with record labels and other license holders territories (outside of the US)
- Conduct regular business analysis and reviews with rights-holders to track performance and find opportunities for growth
- Work closely with Business Development Legal and Operations Teams to negotiate complex licenses with recording, rights holders to help with the expansion of new markets, product features, pricing, and distribution partnership programmes (e.g. with telecoms carriers) designed to accelerate the growth of Apple Music
- Collaborate with Commercial Analysts, Business Development and Partnership teams to scope business and financial models for new partnerships, programmes and other business initiatives
- Work with regional music teams to ensure that music services meet the needs and expectations of customers in terms of functionality and price
- Support business teams on the negotiations for other content types such as movies, TV, books and other con-tent types as necessary
Extraordinary understanding of the global music licensing landscape Intimate understanding of digital music and content distribution industry Extraordinary business development, negotiations and partnership management skills Proven track record of working in international, cross-functional teams and within a fast-growing environment Exceptional written, communication and presentation skills are a given Willingness to travel This position is based in London, UK
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree in Business or related subject, MBA or equivalent degree preferred Minimum 7 years experience working in senior commercial and/or licensing roles within the music industry, ideally within record labels, publishers or music services. Fluent English is required. Additional languages are preferred.