Uxbridge, Greater London, United Kingdom
- Strong working knowledge of WCAG 2.x guidelines
- Demonstrable experience with WAI-ARIA
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of macOS and iOS VoiceOver and other accessibility features
- Strong first-hand experience in testing with assistive technologies (including screen readers such as VoiceOver, JAWS and NVDA)
- Familiarity with accessibility features on mobile devices
- Familiarity with project management methodologies such as waterfall and Agile
- Experience in software engineering
- Aptitude for independently learning new technologies
The Accessibility and SEO Centre of Excellence is a group created with the purpose of promoting and supporting accessibility across Apple and offering consultancy services to project teams. Apple's IS&T Accessibility and SEO Centre of Excellence is looking for a highly motivated and passionate individual, who is able to act as an accessibility expert as well as a product owner for internal tools. You will need to audit existing solutions, work with teams throughout the entire lifecycle of a project on new features and solutions, liaise and co-ordinate with various functions, and represent the team positively and effectively at all times. You will be a pragmatic and trustworthy individual, able to promote the best results whilst also nurturing positive relationships with all those you work with. Are you a self starter, capable to adapt and adhere to internal guidelines and processes, and work under tight deadlines with teams spread around the globe? Previous industry experience with an emphasis on accessibility would be an advantage.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.