Apple Online Store - E-commerce Business Analyst EMEA
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
AOS is a leading eCommerce environment like no other, representing the most admired brand in over 40 countries worldwide. With multi-platform, best-in-class web and app implementations, AOS is a powerful presence providing a unique opportunity for an imaginative and motivated e-commerce business analyst to light the way for the EMEIA business team, while enjoying a scale and scope of personal growth available only at Apple. As a e-commerce business analytics expert, you’re deeply involved with the infinitely valuable data generated by a major web site. You thrive on proactively identifying opportunities to improve every online customer’s experience and the associated revenue impact. You have the analytics skill to tease game-changing insights out of the online signals, and the communications skills to deliver a compelling message to a wide range of audiences: senior management, product management, marketing, finance, and others. What better way to leverage the value of your skills and experience than as the e-commerce business for the Apple Online Store for Europe, Middle East. The position will be located in London and report to the Regional Director.
- 5 years e-commerce business analytics.
- 3+ years experience in an online business built on consumer retail products.
- Strongly preferred:
- 2+ years of experience developing or working with tracking systems for online performance
- Business acumen and leadership skills
- Strong Business and commercial acumen
- Advanced expertise in the generation, capture and analysis of visitor behaviour and revenue data
- Demonstrated ability to extract, conceptualise and communicate the important patterns of business performance from web data that identify important business opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to deliver clear and actionable data in person and through reporting tools
- Advanced command of data visualisation techniques
- Documented ability to work effectively with technical stakeholders
- Experienced and comfortable presenting findings verbally to management at any level
- Strong understanding of diagnosing multi channel behaviour
- Knowledge of European commerce landscape
- Understanding of how to operate within a strong brand value organisation
- Technical skills
- Expert knowledge of web tools and resources
- Expert knowledge / relationship with third party research and data sources
- Expert knowledge of data analytics technologies such as SQL, SAS, R, etc.
- Expert knowledge of and experience using Adobe Workspace, Adobe Workbench
- Expert knowledge of information delivery technologies, especially Tableau, Excel, Keynote
Responsibilities Develop and present consistent e-commerce business analytics, insights and reports across all Apple Online Store markets and platforms in EMEIA. Provide insights and opportunities on the overall customer behaviour and forecast associated revenue improvements to key local and global business partners, utilising Apple internal data and relevant third party resources. Help the business understand the efficacy of the store platforms, considering eCommerce trends, cultural nuances, product features, value propositions, and the competitive landscape. Develop and maintain relationships with a core group of business stakeholders, needing a clear understanding of functionality, visitor experience and fiscal impact. Provide guidance to the Demand Generation team on the effectiveness of search and affiliates activities upstream of the store properties. Advise the local Optimisation Teams of revenue opportunities in product discovery, selection and purchase experience, from complete journeys down to single asset analysis. Generate analysis, insights and opportunities on the use of the Apple Store App, both as an online purchasing resource and as an in-store shopping support tool. Build strong regional relationship with global analytics function.