Hardware Modelling Engineer
Saint Albans, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. As a member of the GPU Modelling team, you will develop both performance and functional models for GPUs as well as maintain the modelling infrastructure. This includes working with architects and designers to understand the units being modelled and interpretation of functional specifications into accurate and high performance models.
- Deep understanding of GPU/CPU/SoC micro-architecture
- Proficiency with C++ coding
- Experience with interpreting functional specs and developing hardware architectural models
- Experience with scripting languages
- Good communications skills with the ability to work cross functionally with a variety of teams
Build bit-accurate C/C++ models of the GPU architecture as well as develop performance models for analysing microarchitecture trade-offs. Work closely with our verification and software teams to identify bugs in the model and the hardware. Integrate performance and functional models, and undertake frequent analysis of the model's accuracy. Regularly communicate results and recommendations to the broader engineering contribute to the ongoing enhancement of the performance modelling infrastructure.
Education & Experience
BS/MS/BEng/MEng/PhD in related field.
- Some international travel will be required.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.