RTL Power Optimisation Engineer
Saint Albans, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. This is a career defining opportunity to get in at the ground floor as we build our UK GPU Design Centre. In this role, you will cover power flow setup, power roll-up, analysis, and optimisation within the front-end portion of the design. You will have strong emphasis on early RTL power estimation with the objective of working with architects and RTL block designers to influence the design for overall power reduction. You will also participate in power methodology enhancement, as well as creating methods for power reduction. As a domain expert in RTL Power Optimisation, you will communicate the outcome of the power analysis on a regular basis, drive the power optimisation to ensure that the power/performance goals are met. In addition, you will regularly provide methods, techniques, suggestions and feedbacks to reduce overall power.
- Excellent understanding of power consumption, estimation, and low power design techniques.
- Hands on experience with power estimation tools and characterisation, such as Primetime-PX, Power Artist, Power Pro, Spyglass.
- Proficiency in scripting languages, such as Perl, Tcl, Python, or Make.
- Experience optimising low power solutions in the mobile space.
- Understanding of power considerations at the RTL level.
- Experience in general power estimation and optimisation methodologies.
Define and drive the implementation of state-of-the-art low power design methodologies. Work with the design implementation team to address power efficiency and meet expected power landing zones for the GPU projects. Collaborate with the broader power team to define, experiment and perform studies to efficiently analyse and reduce power at the front-end portion of the design, including developing novel power optimisations and algorithms and pre-RTL power measurement. Share low power standard methodologies and design principles among the different project stake-holders.
Education & Experience
BSc/MSc/BEng/MEng/PhD in related field
- Some international travel will be required.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.