Graphics Content Software Engineer
Saint Albans, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. As a Content Engineer at our GPU UK Design Centre, you are responsible for developing test content and tools to support GPU verification process of our GPU design. You will work alongside teams of architects, hardware, software and verification engineers to ensure that GPU designs can be efficiently and effectively tested and verified.
- Previous experience with GPU APIs, preferably Metal, OGL/OGLES or OpenCL
- Strong understanding of graphics rendering algorithms
- Excellent C++ coding skills
- Design verification knowledge is desirable
- Detailed knowledge of graphics hardware architectures
- GPU/CPU performance analysis experience desirable
- Experience with graphics device driver capture environments is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a variety of teams is required
In this role, you will define, write, and debug GPU architectural, functional, and performance test suites using close-to-metal and public API drivers. You will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of GPU verification tools and APIs as well as creating production quality automated flows for graphics core verification. In addition, you will provide ongoing support to the GPU hardware teams during model and design bring-up pre / post silicon and support GPU software teams during driver bring-up.
Education & Experience
BSc/MSc/BEng/MEng in related field
- Some international travel will be required.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.