Graphics Software Engineer
Saint Albans, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. We’re looking for those with talent and ambition to innovate the way we design graphics processors, to provide the next technological leap and improve customer experiences in areas like real-time graphics, VR/AR, parallel computing and deep learning, and welcome you to work among the industry’s best. As a Graphics Content Engineer at our GPU UK Design Centre, you are responsible for developing GPU workloads, automated flows and tools to support the GPU verification process of our GPU design. You will work alongside teams of architects, hardware, software and verification engineers to ensure GPU designs can be efficiently and effectively verified.
- Excellent communications skills. Self-motivated and well-organised
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills
- Strong understanding of rendering and compute algorithms
- Experience with one or more GPU APIs (preferably Metal, OpenGL and/or OpenCL)
- Detailed knowledge of graphics hardware architectures
- Design verification knowledge desirable
- GPU/CPU performance analysis experience desirable
- Experience with graphics device driver capture environments desirable
In this role, you will; Define, author, and debug GPU architectural, functional and performance test suites Support GPU hardware teams during model and design bring-up pre / post silicon Participate in the design and implementation of GPU verification tools and APIs Create production quality automated flows for graphics core verification Provide insight into how real-world workloads could stress the design and benefit from new GPU features Author application-like workloads utilising advanced graphics and compute algorithms Propose design changes based on issues found
Education & Experience
BSc/MSc/BEng/MEng in related field
- Some international travel will be required.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.