Architect - CPU or GPU
Saint Albans, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Do your life’s best work here - with the whole world watching. This is a career defining opportunity to get in at the ground floor as we build our UK GPU Design Centre. At Apple, new ideas and complex challenges have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly... The Architect will be responsible for inventing and investigating new concepts, and working with the design teams to realise these in future products. You will devise new models and research new techniques for solving problems with hardware. You will work to find new ways to deliver solutions to rendering and computational problems on our platform.
- A strong background in GPU or CPU architecture
- Deep understanding of micro architectural specification and implementation
- Ability to invent and implement novel concepts
- Strong programming skills
- Ability to clearly communicate complex issues, self-motivated and well-organised
The architect will innovate and come up with new ideas to implement new features, improve performance or decrease area or power. You will Investigate, measure and model these new concepts, and create and evolve high-level specifications for designers and micro-architects. You will provide technical leadership to other team members throughout the project.
Education & Experience
BS/MS/BEng/MEng/PhD in related field
- Some international travel will be required.