Graphics Core Software Verification Engineer
Saint Albans, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. This is a career defining opportunity to get in at the ground floor as we build our UK GPU Design Centre. At Apple, new ideas and complex challenges have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly... As a Graphics Core Software Verification Engineer at the UK GPU Design Centre, you will be responsible for the top-level pre-silicon RTL verification of embedded graphics cores using pre-production graphics drivers.
- Experience in verification of complex hardware at system or component level with hands on experience debugging issues on the hardware as well as the software
- Good knowledge of Computer Architecture, General Purpose Microprocessor, Graphics Architecture and Memory sub-system micro-architecture
- Strong experience in building verification test plans and driving them to closure
- Scripting experience, preferably with system automation
- Excellent programming skills, C/C++ is strongly preferred
- GPU architecture knowledge and experience with OpenGL/CL is a strong plus
- Experience with emulation systems a plus
- Proven ability to debug problems from waveforms a plus
- Graphics driver knowledge a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate under tight schedules
You will apply your knowledge of graphics hardware and software to verify complex GPU RTL designs. Responsibility for developing and driving verification plans. Run development graphics driver and test applications on development hardware systems, while triaging failures to their respective teams. Write emulation triggers, and refine stimulus to aid in waveform capture around fail points. Build automated flows to run tests, report status, collect debug information. Support the wider silicon teams by reproducing silicon failures in emulation
Education & Experience
BS/MS CE or EE
- Some international travel will be required.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.