Graphics (GPU) Performance Analysis Engineer
Saint Albans, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. This is a career defining opportunity to get in at the ground floor as we build our UK GPU Design Centre. In this role, you will be responsible for performance analysis and tuning of Apple’s GPU products. As part of the Performance Analysis team, you will collaborate closely with other GPU Design and Software Engineers to analyse and improve the performance of Apple’s GPUs. GPU performance analysis includes all levels of the GPU stack: architecture, micro-architecture, logic design, compiler, driver, and applications. The team innovates to rapidly develop new ways of analysing data and visualisation techniques to aid in the analysis of performance data. This is a high visibility role with opportunity to influence performance across the GPU and have far-reaching impact for the product.
- Strong hardware and software debug skills
- 3D graphics and/or CPU architecture knowledge
- System - Verilog / VHDL knowledge
- OpenGL / Open CL and/or Metal API knowledge
- Python / OO / structured programming experience
- Ability to work well in a team and be productive under aggressive schedules
- Excellent communication skills, and be self-motivated and well organised.
Develop performance test plan to validate GPU performance. Write tests to measure GPU performance. Analyse performance data to identify problems in software and hardware. Work with software and hardware engineers to improve performance. Develop tools to aid in the efficient measurement, communication and improvement of GPU performance. Validate the functionality and quantify the performance benefit of the features and algorithms implemented in hardware and software. Conduct directed studies and contribute solutions to performance challenges unique to GPUs that are aimed at driving the architecture of next generation mobile products via measurements, simulations, benchmarking, or competitive analysis.
Education & Experience
BSc/MSc/BEng/MEng/PhD in related field
- Some international travel will be required.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.