Data Scientist, Apple Media Products
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
We are looking for an individual with an exceptional data science skillset to join the Apple Media Products team. Our team handles very large datasets and builds powerful data-driven features for products such as the App Store, Apple Music, Apple TV, and iTunes Store.
- Strong working knowledge of supervised and unsupervised machine learning models.
- Experience with Python, Scala, or another high-level programming language.
- A good understanding of Spark. Experience using Spark is a great advantage.
- Experience working with large volumes of data and knowledge of big data challenges is highly desirable.
- Proven track record of delivering high quality analytical insights and data science solutions.
- Demonstrable experience of using novel analysis or methodologies to make significant impact, on either product or research.
- Solid sense of initiative and ability to drive projects to completion.
- Highly motivated and self driven.
- Superb communication skills both written and verbal.
Our data science team is responsible for building data science models to improve how customers interact with our products. The data scientist will work with large-scale datasets to do feature engineering and selection, train and build machine learning models, evaluate and measure model performance, and work with partners on model adoptions. You will work closely with data engineers, program managers and business partners to understand problems, define and build solutions, measure and communicate results. The role requires both a broad knowledge of existing machine learning algorithms and creativity to invent and customise the algorithms when necessary. You'll be a data scientist who has experience in applying data science solutions to tackle and resolve real-world business problems, and can proactively manage projects through to delivery, has superb communication skills, and attention to detail.
Education & Experience
- We acknowledge the novelty of the data scientist’s role in the analytical world and actively encourage the team to explore and learn. Therefore, it is desirable to be self-motivated when it comes to development and stays on the top of new techniques and research in the world of data. As a part of the team, you will be encouraged to participate in the conferences and workshops (KDD, ICML, NIPS, Strata are on our list) as well as explore the topics you need for the projects