Siri - Senior Project Manager (Machine Learning)
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Software and Services
The Siri launch was a defining moment in the history of Artificial Intelligence. Hundreds of millions of people now use Siri to send a message, play their favourite song or even take a selfie. Now imagine what you could do at Apple. Through groundbreaking innovation we're driving a new revolution in the way people and devices interact. To help continue this work we are looking for an Engineering Program Manager (EPM) eager to push the boundaries of AI with a single aim: to make a real difference to the lives of Siri users.
- Track record of delivering projects based on Machine Learning
- Strong technical proficiency, with experience in any of the following technologies: natural language processing, search, data analytics or other machine learning technologies
- Extensive experience in software development or program/product management in an Agile environment
- Experience working on a consumer product applying machine learning or related approaches
- Analytical thinking skills, with ability to dive deep into quantitative and qualitative data to solve problems and improve customer experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
Working as part of an extraordinary team, including world renowned academics, top software engineers and expert machine learning practitioners, we are passionate about applying state of the art techniques to conversational dialogue. As a Siri EPM your work will involve large-scale project management, Agile software development, machine learning, data-driven decision making, and product vision. This is an opportunity to create business impact with machine learning projects that will have a huge impact on Siri. To be successful in the role you will drive the planning and execution of projects by defining project roadmaps, run schedules, define KPI's, anticipate risks, balance business needs versus technical constraints and handle requirements through the entire project lifecycle. In partnership with engineers we deliver high-quality end-user experiences by handling communication and partnerships with several teams within Siri and Apple. We plan customer solutions from data and communicate technical requirements to teams to help push for solutions. Always looking to improve we analyze and improve internal processes to streamline and accelerate the delivery of new technology Based in Cambridge we work with an international team of colleagues. This means calls in the evening with California are a regular event and some travel is to be expected. If this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
- BS, MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or related engineering degrees with focus in machine learning, data mining or statistics (or equivalent experience)