Siri - Senior Project Manager (Machine Learning)
Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Would you like to play a part in the next revolution in the way people and devices interact? Contribute to a product that is redefining mobile and desktop computing, and work with the people who built the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking. As a Project Manager on the team, you will work with world leading Machine Learning research scientists and practitioners to deliver groundbreaking innovations to Apple customers. You will ensure project success by working closely with engineering teams to define product roadmaps, clear their path of obstacles and deliver on the roadmap.
- Extensive experience in software development or program/product management in an Agile environment
- Experience working on a consumer product applying data driven, machine learning or related approaches
- Analytical thinking skills, with ability to dive deep into quantitative and qualitative data to solve problems and improve customer experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency, with experience in any of the following technologies helpful: natural language processing, search, data analytics or other machine learning technologies
Working as part of an extraordinary team, including world renowned academics, top software engineers and expert machine learning practitioners, we are passionate about applying state of the art techniques to conversational dialogue. As a Siri EPM your work will involve large-scale project management, Agile software development, machine learning, data-driven decision making, and product vision. This is an opportunity to create business impact with machine learning projects that will have a huge impact on Siri. To be successful in the role you will drive the planning and execution of projects by defining project roadmaps, run schedules, define KPI's, anticipate risks, balance business needs versus technical constraints and handle requirements through the entire project lifecycle. In partnership with engineers we deliver high-quality end-user experiences by handling communication and partnerships with several teams within Siri and Apple. We plan customer solutions from data and communicate technical requirements to teams to help push for solutions. Always looking to improve we analyze and improve internal processes to streamline and accelerate the delivery of new technology. Based in Cambridge we work with an international team of colleagues. This means calls in the evening with California are a regular event and some travel is to be expected. If this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
- BS, MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or related engineering degrees with focus in machine learning, data mining or statistics (or equivalent experience)