Siri - Software Engineer in Test
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Software and Services
"People with passion can change the world" Hey Siri was a defining moment in the history of Artificial Intelligence. Hundreds of millions of people now use Siri to send a message, play their favourite song or even take a selfie. Now imagine what you could do here? At Apple we're driving a new revolution in the way people and machines interact. We're looking for an infectious quality pioneer to encourage teams to raise the bar in their work, practices and interactions. You love people and know software is about people first. You are kind and tenacious, encouraging and disciplined. You have a background in tech and can read and write code.
- Quality Coaching - Coach team to improve quality, build methodologies and improve quality practices
- Agile Testing - Deep understanding of how testing brings value in an agile team. Ability to train others in testing, from unit and functional testing to exploratory testing
- Technical Communication - You will discuss technical problems and solutions with developers and other partners
- Hands On - Show by example how to test well, both from crafting automated checks and demonstrating value with exploratory testing
- Automation - Use tooling in testing, understand how automation brings value and where it doesn't
- Questioning - You should be able to know when and how to ask helpful questions
Working as part of an extraordinary team, including world renowned academics, top software engineers and expert machine learning practitioners, we are passionate about applying groundbreaking techniques to conversational dialogue. As a quality engineer at Siri, you will own designing the test plan and strategy for your team's projects. You will participate in all phases of the development process; advocating for quality at the time of architecture review through to co-ordinating the delivery of projects to production. We are co-located and fully integrated with a development team, participating in stand-ups, contributing to retrospectives, giving feedback in code reviews and helping with demos. If this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
Degree in computer science or equivalent