RF Desense Engineer
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
We are looking for a dynamic engineer to characterize and mitigate RF receiver desensitization for numerous wireless technologies in Apple products. The successful candidate would be part of a team of Desense Engineers, working on radiated sensitivity performance optimization of Cellular, BT, WiFi and GPS radios with a focus on identifying and mitigating system level desensitization due to digital and analog aggressor sub-systems.
- Experience with typical digital and analog aggressor sub-systems deployed in consumer electronic products along with knowledge of techniques for debugging to reduce their impact on radio receivers
- Ability to review and improve RF, digital and analog submodule flexible and rigid PCBs, IC packages and substrate designs
- A technical understanding of one or more of the following radio technologies: cellular communication, WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS
- Hands on knowledge of general purpose RF test equipment and communication analyzers
- Working knowledge of conducted and radiated measurement methods
- Understanding of mixed-technology integrated circuits
- Familiarity with EMI/EMC and RF circuit design
- Working experience with mechanical, software, hardware, DFM, manufacturing engineering disciplines
- Flexibility to work in a dynamic and fast paced work environment
- Willingness to travel to overseas manufacturing facilities to support builds from prototype phase to mass production
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Dynamic and motivated with a “can do” attitude, to work in a great team on world class products
Planning and execution of relevant tests Characterizing the effects on radio performance under stress conditions for expected use cases Verifying practical design fixes or improvements with lab mock-ups and/or simulations along with driving design changes for follow on build cycles Assess the impact of connection of accessories Producing detailed, accurate test and status reports Promote best practices which will increase success of future designs.
Education & Experience
BS EE degree or equivalent required, MS desired. Extensive experience with consumer electronic products incorporating wireless connectivity with integrated antennas.