Carrier Technical Lead
Uxbridge, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Join our Wireless Software Engineering team and drive innovation that matters! We create and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people’s lives and deliver the absolute best user-experience. If you're passionate about cellular and wireless technology, we may have the job for you. The Carrier Technical Lead (CTL) is charged with taking Apple products through technical approvals with wireless carriers. CTLs are the authoritative advisors for wireless engineering matters and responsible for all day-to-day technical support and solving problems with carriers.
- You will need to be experienced working on phones or similar products that operate on cellular networks.
- You'll need to demonstrate direct experience of having perviously worked with one or more carriers, to deliver products that operate on their network, including supporting lab/field testing.
- Extensive proficiency and validated experience analysing full stack logs and fixing wireless features and protocols for LTE-FDD, LTE-TDD, 3G (UMTS) and 2G (GSM).
- Using your applied knowledge and understanding of IP technologies: VoLTE and WiFi Calling technologies.
- Do you have familiarity with network cellular features and current deployments across EMEA carrier networks.
- You'll be comfortable using 3GPP/IEEE specification documents and the application into live networks.
- Knowledge of carrier device certification processes.
- Knowledge of device certification requirements and processes.
- Excellent verbal and written command of the English language.
- Strong issue tracking/management abilities.
- Fluent in software engineering processes with considerable software release experience.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate while expertly driving multiple projects across many teams.
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive, and seek to resolve everyday problems in innovative ways.
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are meaningful to our customers.
- This role may require occasional international travel/transatlantic travel.
CTLs are responsible for introductions and trials of new wireless technologies and network-impacting features in Apple products. In this role you will analyze network features and operator requirements and provide feedback to multi-functional engineering teams. You will be responsible for the investigation of carrier issues and partner closely with carrier personnel and our teams to debug and resolve issues. In addition, you will assist carriers with testing and work with them on the verification of fixes in new iOS software builds, prototype hardware or network changes. We are looking for CTLs act as the first line of defence for carrier technical requests to reduce overhead on wireless development teams. It's a challenging role needing both strong technical and people skills to get the best from the systems and the teams internally and externally.
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent experience).