Software Engineer - DevOps
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Our team is building the next generation tools empowering Apple’s software developers to build the products our customers love. We're a fast moving, highly skilled but small team designing and building a continuous integration and deployment system that Apple’s server-side developers use to build, test and deploy their products with. Our system has to scale globally, stay highly available, and "just work”. That's a tall order, and we're looking to add more talented and passionate dev/ops engineers who love dealing with such challenges.
- Deep system level understanding of Linux (redhat derivatives) and OSX.
- System level programing including scripting in Bash, Ruby and/or Python.
- Puppet and/or chef.
- Virtual machines, containers and tools like Vagrant and Docker.
- CI Solutions: Jenkins, Team-City, Travis, Circle, Go or others.
- Build tools: Gradle, Maven, Ant, Make, Rake, Grunt, Gulp, Ninja, Blaze/Bazel, Pants or others.
- Artifact management solution: Artifactory, Nexus.
- Source control management solutions: SVN, git, Github, Gitlab, Stash or others.
- Deployment systems: EC2, Heroku, Engine Yard, App Engine.
As a Software Engineer in the DevOps team, you should: Be intimately familiar with continuous integration and delivery. Love automation and tooling and believe they play a critical role in software development. Have the ability to design and deploy scalable, distributed systems. Be curious about how systems work and how they fail. Be eager to learn new technologies and solutions. Love open source and collaboration. Be detailed oriented. perfectionist's also welcome. Be a team mate, a student, and a mentor. Have some cool war stories to tell from your past experience.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- This position offers competitive salary and benefits.
- The position will remain open until 20 December 2018.