Apple Media Products (AMP) - Senior Machine Learning Engineer
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Would you like to help us bring surprise and delight to the experience of tens of millions of Apple Music subscribers and to influence the future development of Apple products? The team behind many of the key features of Apple Music is looking for an experienced applied machine learning engineer to help design and build our next generation of recommendation and playlisting services. You'll be joining a small and enthusiastic group of researchers and developers who share a passion for science, engineering and music, and who care tremendously about our central mission of connecting artists and music lovers.
- track record of delivering results in recommender systems or related fields such as search or NLP
- broad knowledge of applied machine learning
- strong software development experience in Python and an object-oriented language such as Java, Scala or C++
- experience with large scale data processing frameworks such as Spark
- relevant academic publication record
- strong written and oral communication skills
- love of music
In this role you will be working alongside other like-minded researchers and engineers on meaningful problems in music personalization. You will be expected to take end-to-end responsibility for your research, planning, designing, implementing and validating potential algorithmic improvements for our key products. Your work will include both offline evaluation for proof of concept, and collaborating closely with others to implement and A/B test your ideas at scale within our production systems. To thrive in this role you'll need proven software development skills, a strong appetite for learning, and an ability to set priorities and communicate well with a variety of colleagues in a dynamic environment. In return you'll have the chance to work with state of the art resources at Apple, including huge compute grids, top-quality machine learning tools, and massive quantities of data. We are based in central London, however you will also occasionally travel internationally to work with other teams at Apple, particularly in the US. Is this you? If so we'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
- Master's Degree or PhD in computer science, statistics, applied mathematics or related field.