London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Apple’s IMG GPU Software team provides the graphics software foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, including iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Mac, and Watch. Combining cutting-edge software frameworks such as Metal with next-generation hardware, GPUSW takes the user experience to the next level. This team recently announced Metal 2 which provides near-direct access to the graphics processing unit (GPU), enabling you to maximize the graphics and compute potential of apps on iOS, macOS, and tvOS. Building upon an efficient low-overhead architecture with precompiled shaders, fine-grained resource control, and multithreading support, Metal 2 further boosts performance by enabling the GPU to take more control of the rendering pipeline. Moving beyond just graphics, Metal 2 provides deep support for GPU-accelerated machine learning and offers enhanced developer tools that make it even easier to debug, optimize, and deploy Metal apps. On Mac, Metal 2 adds support for virtual reality (VR) rendering and external GPUs, and provides new APIs and optimizations to help developers embrace these emerging technologies within their apps. This position offers competitive salary and benefits.
- • Excellent programming skills and knowledge of C/C++
- • Development experience on Unix, Linux or Mac OS X
- • Excellent software design, problem solving and debugging skills
- • Experience with GPU hardware and software architecture analysis, design, and implementation
- • Outstanding experience with GPU and CPU performance optimizations
IMG’s GPU Software team is looking for a top-notch, driven, and dedicated engineer to drive our efforts in GPU software performance. You can make a difference by helping iOS apps gain the most benefit out of Metal and the A11 GPU, by contributing to our benchmark suite, and by defining the requirements for and evaluating the performance of future GPUs.
Education & Experience
Technical BS/MS degree
- This position offers competitive salary and benefits.
- The position will remain open until 27 December 2018.