Business Affairs Executive
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just craft products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We believe our team members should demonstrate a real passion for innovation with a strong eye to attention to detail, be inventive, adaptable, creative, and results oriented with high energy and a positive attitude. We promote innovation and new technology to further improve Apple's hardware performance and user experience. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch, AirPods, HomePod and a multitude of ground-breaking Accessories. We have done the same with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, Apple Pay and now we intend to do the same with Video. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join us to help deliver the next amazing Apple products and services. Apple Inc.’s Worldwide Video Division is seeking an experienced television executive to join its global Business Affairs department as a Negotiator in London. We are looking for someone who is an industry expert who has extensive experience in negotiating television/new media license and talent deals at a television network or SVOD service, studio, or law firm. If this sounds like you we’d love to hear from you.
- You will have extensive experience and expertise in a TV/SVOD Business Affairs department or entertainment law firm.
- You will have deep knowledge of U.K. and global TV/SVOD transactions including network licensing, co-productions, development and talent deals, IP acquisition/chain-of-title, contingent compensation structures, and agency package arrangements.
- Strong familiarity with U.K. and other European guild agreements and production budgets for series produced in the U.K.
- Excellent analytical and communication (written and verbal) skills, including the ability to successfully work with a range of personalities and styles.
- You will be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment where ambiguity is embraced.
- You’ll have strong industry current relationships and in-depth negotiation and drafting experience.
- If you have familiarity with kids/family, animation, international production, and/or theatrical motion picture dealmaking this is a big plus.
We require you to negotiate and structure a high volume of complex deals related to Apple original content, including scripted series, documentaries and other factual content, specials, ancillary content, etc. We need someone who is adept at rigorously analyzing deal structures and can advise on strategy, costs, talent relations and other information relating to the development, production, and licensing of Apple originals content. You will work closely and cross functionally with internal teams in the U.K. and U.S, particularly creative, finance, and legal affairs departments. You will act as a key business liaison between Apple and the creative community for original content (e.g., talent agencies, studios and independent producers). Draft and negotiate short-form deal memos and term sheets, review long-form agreements for accuracy, coordinate internal fulfillment of contractual commitments. You’ll provide general business counsel in a rapidly changing business and tech environment.
Education & Experience
Ideally degree educated or equivalent professional qualification