Senior Network Engineer - Operations and Implementation
Uxbridge, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Come join the Data Center Network Team that support Apple’s external facing apps! We're a fun group of sharp engineers that provide network design, operations and software development support. The team directly influences daily operations of iTunes, iCloud, Maps, Search and Apple’s other Internet-facing services in order to maximize efficiency, consistency, and availability.
- Minimum 4 years experience as a Senior Network Engineer in a large Data Center environment.
- Experience with Cisco (Nexus and IOS) and Arista switch configuration
- Ability to script in Python, Perl, or a Linux shell
- Experience with Juniper SRX
- Knowledge of CLOS networking
- Experience with Cumulus and Quagga a plus
- Advanced experience in network security, configuration, protocols, and standards
- Guarantee network security best practices are executed through auditing: router, change control, switch, firewall configurations, and monitoring
- Strong experience in writing firewall and ACL rules (Cisco IOS, NXOS, Arista EOS, Juniper SRX. etc).
- Professional certifications such as CISSP
- Strong troubleshooting skills and effective troubleshooting methods including:
- Layer 1 (e.g., Copper cabling troubles / fiber signal strength, cabling standards)
- Layer 2 (e.g., Spanning-tree, VLAN tagging, MAC address tracing, ARP issues, vPC)
- Layer 3 (e.g., Routing troubleshooting, BGP attributes, prefix length issues)
- Layer 4 (e.g., Load balancer and Firewall troubleshooting; BGP session troubleshooting)
- Layer 5 thru 7 (e.g., DNS issues; assisting with identifying application issues masquerading as a network issue)
This person will be responsible for Apple's Data Center Network Infrastructure from Server to WAN Edge. Candidates will have a solid background in network infrastructure implementation and support along with a background working in a Linux environment. This person will need to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and deliver timely solutions across a complex network. Must be a collaborative team player and participate in active network discussions and solutions.
Education & Experience
B.S. degree or equivalent in CS
- This position offers competitive salary and benefits.
- The position will remain open until 3 January 2018.