Uxbridge, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we create products and experiences people once couldn’t have envisioned - and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and expansive companies in the world a career with Apple might be your dream job… Just be prepared to dream big Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. JOB SUMMARY Do you love building your own creative engineering solutions to operational problems? Do you have a passion for operational perfection? Join us and make your own little dent in the universe! You love going live to production. You are an energetic self-starter with excellent attention to detail and follow through. You who can work independently but love to collaborate with others in a multi-functional environment. You are a determined creative thinker who can charge head-first into grey areas and navigate ambiguity. You have excellent written and oral communication skills and can explain complex technical topics to non-technical audiences.
- 4+ years of professional software engineering with a track record in a DevOps or Site Reliability engineer role
- A desire to write tools and applications to automate work rather than do things manually
- Experience maintaining large clusters using configuration tools such as: Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt
- Experience debugging complex systems, and participating in investigating build, deployment and operational issues
- Expert knowledge and experience with software version control systems: SVN, GIT (GitHub/Gitlab), etc
- Knowledge of webServers and loadBalancers such as Apache HTTP Server, Apache Traffic Server, Nginx, HAProxy
- Proven experience with CI/CD tools and methodologies
- Knowledge of Java build systems and tools including: Gradle, Maven, Ant
- UNIX and Linux system administration experience: ssh, monitoring
- Processes, attaching storage, cleaning disk space, tailing logs, etc.
- Hands-on in scripting languages and RDBMS (Oracle/MySQL) skills
- Familiarity with Splunk for investigating problems or monitoring systems
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Understanding of distributed systems and microservice architecture
- Versed in at least one programming language
- Knowledge of containerization (Docker), and supporting technologies
- Experience with Orchestration tools like Kubernetes, Swarm, Mesos
- Working in close collaboration with multiple Dev Teams, you will design and drive a modernisation roadmap that ensures that there are the optimal conditions to build and operate reliable, secure and scalable services for a complex portfolio of applications. - Operational Excellence - Responsible for implementing infrastructure and operational changes for all applications in the portfolio. You will develop and run automation solutions to improve quality and consistency. - Release Engineering - Work closely with Dev Teams and Application Support teams to ensure we have the appropriate automation, monitoring, alerting and configuration systems for flawless execution of go-live rollouts. - Performance Engineering - Engineer the best performance profiling and monitoring tools and promote the best production practices.