Mechanical Engineer – UK
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. In this exciting role you will demonstrate proficiency as a mechanical services engineer. This position will support our Real Estate team in Apple UK and will be responsible for MEP systems within all of the buildings making up the UK portfolio. You will have involvement in projects, commissioning, acceptance and ongoing maintenance, upgrades and repairs. The person will have to demonstrate the ability to foster key relationships with Apple corporate business functions & customers at all levels. The individual will be comfortable providing concise communications to partners and customers.
- Demonstrated relevant experience.
- Understand the business of Real Estate & Development in a dynamic multi-national environment.
- Experience in setting up and leading PPM system delivery to meet compliance and operations requirements.
- Demonstrate skills in completing risk assessments and consistently delivering to aggressive targets / deadlines.
- Be able to demonstrate problem solving capability to deliver safety, quality, cost and output targets.
- Self starter and capable individual contributor.
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical & problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills & customer service focus.
- Ability to influence key partners.
- A flexible 'can-do' work ethic.
- Detailed BMS knowledge beneficial.
- Project management skills beneficial.
This role will include but not be limited to: • Day to day monitoring, operation, maintenance and repair of mechanical and electrical systems. • Manage planned preventative maintenance programs to optimise cost to Apple whilst ensuring no impact to business continuity. Plan asset repair / replacement and forecast expense and capital cost into annual budget forecast. • Mechanical maintenance budget development and management. • Own and drive key facilities engineering programs. • Lead the commissioning and acceptance of mechanical installations in designated buildings. • You will also lead the running of systems to ensure ongoing compliance with all statutory codes and environmental accreditations and have a shown ability to optimise and run systems to this standard as required. • Develop a project process to encompass procurement, project management and budget controls to enable predictable project delivery, supporting projects in the UK. • Partner with EHS to develop energy management programs / projects and execute as required. • Track consumption rates and implement optimisation projects. • Supervise contractors and suppliers to deliver the mechanical maintenance scope of work as per agreed SLA’s and KPI’s. • Attend QBR’s and performance manage the contractor as required. • Develop concise communications suitable for all levels of management e.g. Status Reports, Feasibility reports, return on investment / cost assessments and project updates. • Organise and manage shutdowns and out of hours work as required to ensure the proper maintenance of all mechanical systems on campus. Be available to respond to emergency situations at any time. • Proactively identify facilities improvements (engineering, process, services) and lead a number of programs to support the wider RE&D organization. • Implement tools, standards, policies, guidelines and processes related to RE&D management standards. • Ensure that all assigned projects are delivered on time, within budget and in accordance with appropriate specifications. • Manage Op Ex budget and forecast for areas of responsibility.
Education & Experience
Degree qualified Mechanical Engineer.
- Closing date for applications 21st January 2019