Full-stack Backend Engineer - Data Platform, Scala / Java (Apple Media Products)
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
The Data Platform team is looking for enthusiastic full-stack engineers to help build and improve the next generation of our tools, platforms and services, here in London. We are looking for full-stack engineers who enjoy working on problems at scale. A proficiency in Scala or Java, is essential. We offer a flexible, family friendly working environment and a wide range of competitive benefits. You will be encouraged and supported to do your best work and have fun doing so. This is an exciting opportunity to work within Apple Media Products, the team behind the App Store, Apple Music, iTunes, and many other high profile products on iPhone, Mac and AppleTV.
- Strong experience with either Scala or Java.
- Experience with key/value stores, relational databases and Solr/Lucene/elasticsearch is a strong advantage.
- An excellent understanding of HTTP.
- Experience with RESTful services and API design.
- Experience with scaling web services, including production monitoring.
- An interest in Big Data is desirable.
- Experience with unit testing, integration testing and associated frameworks.
- Experience with domain modelling.
- A deep understanding of eventual consistency.
- A real passion for customer-satisfaction.
Our team offers you the opportunity to help build an advanced, micro-service led, suite of web applications that work with our Data platforms. You will be crafting internal services and features that help empower teams across Apple Media Products. If you are a backend developer/ FullStack-developer who thrives when working with data and enjoys working collaboratively, then we'd love to here from you