RTL Design Engineer - Graduate
Saint Albans, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. This is a career defining opportunity to get in at the ground floor as we build our UK GPU Design Centre. We’re looking for those with talent and ambition to innovate the way we design graphics processors, to provide the next technological leap and improve customer experiences in areas like real-time graphics, VR/AR, parallel computing and deep learning, and welcome you to work among the industry’s best. As part of the RTL Design Team you will have responsibility in delivering high quality graphics IP in order to meet performance, feature, timing, area and power goals. We will provide you with the opportunity to collaborate with experienced Design Engineers, as well as work alongside our GPU platform architecture, functional verification, and physical design teams that are responsible for our GPU products.
- Undergraduate in the last year or postgraduate of a CE, EE, CS, or related field.
- Knowledgeable in modern, energy-efficient/low-power logic design techniques
- Confident with RTL design in Verilog/VHDL and understand the logic structures being inferred
- Familiarity with logic simulation & debug, logic optimisation, synthesis and timing analysis
- Excellent communication skills, ambitious and well organised
- Ability to work well in a team and be productive under tight schedules
- A sound understanding of computer architecture including one or more of the following: high-speed CMOS processor and controller blocks, cache controllers, bus-interface subsystems, integer and floating-point numeric units, digital filters, crossbar fabrics and other high-speed data-path control units
- High level understanding of GPU architecture desirable
You will work with us on the RTL Design Team to refine micro-architectural specifications and collaborate with the architecture, physical design and verification teams to mitigate ensure potential issues as early as possible. You will implement components of the micro-architecture, targeting leading-edge technology nodes, balancing energy efficiency, performance and area constraints with project schedule, maintainability and coding elegance. You will review synthesis and power reports, root-cause and resolve timing and power issues and ensure maximal QoR throughout your design. As your design approaches functional completion, you will work closely with the verification team to ensure the design behaves as intended and is tested thoroughly and efficiently. You will also be collaborating with the physical design team, to help with any adjustments necessary to produce an optimal layout of the design, in its context.
Education & Experience
Currently enrolled in your final year of your BSc/MSc/BEng/MEng/PhD from a reputable university.
- ▪ Some international travel required.
- ▪ We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.